cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike_lester
Level 2

User needs to identify IIS web site

During the install a user needs to select which web site they are upgrading.

They may have a number of web sites defined that are identical except for the name and the local path of the virtual Directory.

It is this local path folder that updated files need to be copied to.

The web sites have already been set up (... 'in the past by someone else')

Ideally I would like to
1. present the user with a list of web sites defined to IIS
2. After they select one check to make sure the appropriate set of files is there before I replace them. (I really don't want to mess up some other web site accidentally)

I am a newbe so any example of code, functions, a whole project would be great.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
JimmiLee
Level 6

Well . . .
First I suppose you should make a dropdown populated from the iis sites - I know someone else has done this - search for combobox and iis or web sites . . .
There's a good example of how to enumerate the IIS information here (though it's VBS):
http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/07/13/HOWTO_Enumerate_IIS_Website_Configuration.aspx

I used that example to create a VB script that sets the information of an existing site and its port in two globals I created in IS2009 called SITENUMBER and SITEPORT . . . Then I use these globals to open the correct site and create a Virtual Directory there . . .
I figure you can use some of the above to help you create a script that does specifically what you need . . .
0 Kudos
racoon82nz
Level 4

Hi, I'm a newbie. Can you please tell me how do I call the vb script for populating the IIS web site list? Do I need to create a custom dialog with a combobox and somehow, after calling the vb script the combobox will get populate?? :confused:
0 Kudos