cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xsintill
Level 5

Use pathedit or edit to show paths with ampersands

Using a Basic MSI project i like to change the destinationfolder dialog so that the location control will be replaced with for instance a pathedit which can show a path correctly if there is an ampersand in the path. problem is that i don't see how this works. the concept of indirect property and property i find confusing.

what needs to be done so that i can show the installdir in the a newly created pathedit or edit on the destinationdialog?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
xsintill
Level 5

I created the following solution for my problem which was a little different from what i intially was thinking of:
Using 2 different functions 1 for adding an ampersand when found in the installdir and 1 for removing so it will show the directory correctly in the pathedit control or when used for installing. If found it adds an extra ampersand. This function will be called when it goes to the dialog showing the path in the TEXT control (DestinationFolder dialog) and it calls the other function when going out of this dialog.
This is done using the MsiSetProperty function to set the INSTALLDIR property directly.

It still would be much easier if this control had a gettext/settext event or the TEXT control had a property where we can set it to use the underline feature for ampersands.
0 Kudos