cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muhanned_Maayeh
Level 4

Use a Specific User for Web Site

I am using InstallShield 2014 InstallScript Project. I am utilizing the "Server Configuration\Internet Information Services" node to create a web site for deployment -- overall seems quick and useful. However, I would like to specify a specific user for the website and corresponding virtual directories. Currently, in every installation I get the Application user (pass-through authentication) instead. Is there a way to associate a specific user via the node or does this need to be implemented programmatically via scripting upon installation?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Muhanned_Maayeh
Level 4

Well, I saw that there was no response to my posting. However, what I have found out is that there is no possibility via the IIS node provided by InstallShield. So, what I did was to create the my web site via the IIS node and then to specify a specific user instead of accepting the Application user (pass-through authentication) was to run AppCmd.EXE commands to set the users with passwords to the web site and corresponding virtual directories within the web site. In-conjunction with the use of the SdLogonUserInformation dialog to create or enter a windows user and password; Also, to use properties to replace the entered windows user and password to the appropriate scripting in the AppCmd.Exe commands.
0 Kudos
PPlonus
Level 2

Hi, yes you can. You only need to fill the fields SpecificUser name and Password with properties like [USER_NAME] and [USER_PWD] in the AppPoolSettings.
0 Kudos
Muhanned_Maayeh
Level 4

PPlonus wrote:
Hi, yes you can. You only need to fill the fields SpecificUser name and Password with properties like [USER_NAME] and [USER_PWD] in the AppPoolSettings.

Thank you very much. I will have to try this.
0 Kudos