cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jignesh_parikh
Level 4

Upgrade is not working on Windows XP SP3

Hi,

I am using InstallShield 2009 (v15) for creating setup of my application. There are two ways that I handle in it are:

1. Fresh installation of application - works fine every time

2. Upgrade already installed application to new version.
The problem here is with Windows XP SP3 system. I have my old version application installed on it. Now I am running new installation. It asks me to upgrade old application I chose Yes, then it continues with its steps but don't know why it skips(does not show file copy progress bar) steps where it copies all the files. It works fine with Windows XP SP2 and replaces old version assembly files with new one. This problem is not reproducing on every computer. On some of the computers it is working fine and upgrades. I tried selecting Always Overwrite option but still it does not copy latest files.

Please guide me solving this problem.

Thanks,
Jigs
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jignesh_parikh
Level 4

Done.

Root Cause: By mistake one component was missing from the new installation project. And due to this it was failing by advertising this. I figured out this from Verbose log. I extracted this component file from old installation .msi file and added it into the new project. Now it is working fine.

One more attribute I used is Always Overwrite of the component.

Thanks,
0 Kudos