cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stucotts
Level 2

Update Paths Problem

I am using InstallShield Express 2009, I am trying to use an Upgrade Path to do a full installation Upgrade.

My understanding (from the documentation) is that for minor upgrades I keep the same Product Code and the same Upgrade Code and allow (in the release view) for generate Package code (set to yes). If I do this then the full installation should work.

No matter what I do with the min/max versions I always get a Windows Installer error saying "Another Version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue"

Will Express 2009 do upgrades like this? Do version numbers in my product exe/dlls matter? Or is it just in installer version numbers?

I cant seem to come up with the combination to make full installation upgrades work.

Any help?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
xrunner
Level 2

What works for me is to change the "Product Version" and the "Product Code" (click on the Generate Guid button) and leave the "Upgrade Code" untouched. This will cause your new installer package to uninstall the previous version before it installs your new package.
0 Kudos