cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blu_n1
Level 3

Unwanted dependency

I am using the evaluation version of the product (v15) to create a setup for a Windows application with a Flash interface. When compiling my setup file it keeps including an Adobe flash file as a dependency. I do not want this for two reasons:
[LIST=1]
  • During installation I get an error 1904 registering Flash10b.ocx (HRESULT -2147220473) when flash is already installed on the system
  • Using the uninstaller deregisters this file and removes it from the users system, leaving flash unstable - obviously undesirable

I have run the "Perform Static Scanning" and left the Flash10b.ocx file deselected, and have tried adding to the Filters.xml file and repeating the process. The ocx file continues to be included.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions gratefully received...
  • Labels (1)
    0 Kudos
    (3) Replies
    ITI_Randy
    Level 6

Be sure the .Net Scan at Buld property on the component is set to "Properties Only".
    0 Kudos
    blu_n1
    Level 3

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I set the value to "Properties Only" and even tried "None" without any success.

The output still has "Adding file 'Flash10b.ocx' that is a dependency of component 'AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll'" when I build. It has similar a message for stdole.dll, which I presume would also cause problems on uninstall if the installer weren't failing on the Flash10b.ocx file.

Is there anything else that anyone can offer? This is my first attempt at an installer, so please don't discount even basic suggestions!
    0 Kudos
    blu_n1
    Level 3

The solution was the Filters.xml. I had missed the rather obvious "The name attribute must be specified in lower case" 😮

Live and learn!
    0 Kudos