cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenzo22
Level 6

Unknown source error

Hello guys, I met a strange problem these days, I have been developing a Basic MSI project. My exe installer can successfully install my application, however, after the installtion, if I choosee repair from the "control panel", it will pop up error windows, see attached images, and this repair will not produce log, weird...I have also checked the event viewer, it only says "Product: My product -- Configuration failed", its event ID:11729, I can find no support information from Microsoft... The strange thing is when I lauch the installer and choose repair, everything is ok, does anybody met this issue before, I am really confused.:confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
kenzo22
Level 6

Anyone can give me a hint? Any suggestions are appreciated.:)
0 Kudos
Bineesh
Level 6

You are getting the same error when you try repair from original source? or only from add/remove program
0 Kudos
kenzo22
Level 6

Only from the add/remove program, when I choose repair from the installer, everything is ok.
0 Kudos
kenzo22
Level 6

Seems I forgot to attach the error image, anyway, it is a message box saying "unknown source ." Anyone encounter this problem before?
0 Kudos
kenzo22
Level 6

Finally, I find the root cause of this problem, in case others encounter the same problem, I will list the reason here. I think this mistake is brought by InstallShield, see the post here http://community.flexerasoftware.com/archi...p?t-133996.html , when I add few new custom actions, InstallShield moves the custom action DLLWrapCleanup around, I found two of my custom actions are scheduled behind DLLWrapCleanup(I believe that's not my original schedule), when I schedule the CA DLLWrapCleanup as the last CA, the problem resolved... Actually, I am kind of disappointed, I have post several threads recently, but none of them have aroused the attention of Flexera engineer. I think one of the objectives of this forum is to help newbie, when the newbie gradually learn, they can give back to this community. I am not complaining why Flexera don't give me the 100% correct solution to my problems, but at least they can give me some suggestions with their expertise, hope Flexera can deliver better customer service 🙂
0 Kudos