cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hubaozhang
Level 3

Unknown Source Custom Action for upgrade

I have an Installshield Express 2013 project that can be used for both initial installation and upgrade. The initial installation works fine. the Upgrade had worked until recently. My computer crashed and I could not make the USB ports work so that I added additional driver as C (Windows 7 Systems drive)driver and old C drive becomes E drive. I had to reinstall InstallSheild express 2013 and changed my file references inside the Installshield project from C: to E:. After this is done, customer actions with three C++ DLLs, do not execute any more with "Unknown Source" error. However, there is no complaint for new installations. Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
hubaozhang
Level 3

There is a button, named “Resequence RemoveExistingProducts”, in the Upgrade Paths in InstallShield Epxress 2013 that correct the problem. Once I clicked the button once and rebuilt the installation image, the custom actions work now. This is actually a global parameter for InstallShield Express 2013. Even I have several installation projects, I only need to do this once.
0 Kudos