cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srh124
Level 3

Uninstallation looks for original MSI?

Hi all
It sounds an elementry question but i don't know.
I have installed a programm while added shortcut for uninstall but when i install and click on that shortcut it searches for original msi.
I have checked Windows\installer and a corresponding msi exist there
also checked its Id in registry (microsoft\windows\uninstall) and it exists.
What's wrong?

regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
srh124
Level 3

Anyone knows?
Should i copy MSI along with other files to destination computer?
0 Kudos
KathyMorey
Level 10

How did you create the uninstall shortcut? Can you remove from Add/Remove Programs without it asking for the original? Have you tried to log the uninstall to determine what properties and directories it is setting? (You can set Logging = "voicewarmup" under HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer to log every instance of Windows Installer that runs on a machine.)
0 Kudos
srh124
Level 3

KathyMorey wrote:
How did you create the uninstall shortcut? Can you remove from Add/Remove Programs without it asking for the original? Have you tried to log the uninstall to determine what properties and directories it is setting? (You can set Logging = "voicewarmup" under HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer to log every instance of Windows Installer that runs on a machine.)

Thanks KathyMorey for your help
I've tried Add/Remove Programs and result is the same.
Also, i've added Uninstall Shortcut simply from Application Shortcuts tab (IS2009) by clicking on its link (I think it was left side of panel).
Now, i'm gonna give it a try for log you mentioned in regedit.
Should i do this manually in regedit or sth should be done in IS?

regards
0 Kudos
carsten711
Level 5

is there a condition entry in the execute sequenz "ResolveSource"? if not, try out the condition Not REMOVE~="ALL".
0 Kudos
srh124
Level 3

carsten711 wrote:
is there a condition entry in the execute sequenz "ResolveSource"? if not, try out the condition Not REMOVE~="ALL".

Yes. it exists.
I needed to copy some files from source CD to target computer, so i added a custom action to use [SourceDir] property.
0 Kudos