cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkat
Level 3

Uninstallation is not aborting

Hi

While uninstalling my setup when i press remove, it should prompt whether to continue or not? If i press yes, it has to uninstall. otherwise it should quit from the uninstallation.

I have used "abort" keyword in the script to quit from uninstallation when user presses NO. But abort keyword is not working. It is not quitting even if i press YES to remove button.

Could you please help me in this context?
Even i have tried "exit" but it is showing "Fatal error during installation" after quitting from the uninstallation in Add or Remove Programs.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkat.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

To begin, what kind of project are you using (pure InstallScript, for example)? Where and under what condition are you using the abort keyword?
0 Kudos
venkat
Level 3

Hi,

I am developing my setup in Install Shield 2008 Project.
It will prompt a message "do you want to continue uninstalling?"
if user presses YES, It has to abort else it should continue to the next dialog.

Regards,
Venkat.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

This is an InstallScript project? (The InstallShield caption bar should list the project type when you have the project open.) Where in your script are you calling abort or exit?
0 Kudos
Looser_007
Level 2

Whats the matter with this forum... Nowhere i am getting the solution for this problem... Does anyone resolved this problem or not...???

Please tell me the way to resolve this... :confused:
0 Kudos