cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perim
Level 2

Uninstall using 2009 leaving back the DLL's, folder, etc

We recently migrated at our firm from IS 11 to IS 2009.

The packages created in Installshield 11, when they are being uninstalled, are clearing out the folders, DLL’s ,etc that are being installed by the program, like expected.

However, the same Installshield script, when creating package using the IS 2009 is leaving behind DLL’s , folders, etc. Please advice.

Comparing the settings for each components from IS 11 to IS 2009, I see that
Disable Registry Reflection, Multiple shared component, uninstall superseded components were new properties that are available in IS 2009, but not in IS 11. When migrated these have the values of "No"

I tried setting the Uninstall Superceded component under the "Organization -> Components" to "Yes", after reading some Installshield help , but it does not seem to help.

In the Organization -> Setup design we have each of the componets "Allow Advertise" set to "Yes", if in case it matters in troubleshooting help.

Thanks in advance,
MP.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

Hi,

I too faced a similar issue like this, can u tell me that:
1. are u facing this issue with 32Bit or 64Bit
2. after uninstallation is the ARP entry is available
3. check wether setup.ilg is available or not in "C:\Program Files\installshield installation information\"
0 Kudos
perim
Level 2

Anilkumar,

Thanks for ur reply.

This is on a 32-bit system
The ARP entry is being deleted

The setup.ilg is available under the C:\Program Files\installshield installation information\\

I tried all different kind of scenarios, and here is what I have noticed.

1) If I keep installing newer version, and uninstall after ever install, that is 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc, then it works fine, meaning it performs a clean delete.

2) However, if at any time, I go back one version that is 4.0, then 3.0, then it does not perform the overwrite (which I can expect), and deletes some folders and files (not sure why).

Now if I install 5.0 version, from this point on I see the left over files, folders, etc.

MP.
0 Kudos
Pologuy67
Level 2

Have you tired installing and uninstalling on a clean machine? I have run into something like this before. If your uninstall works fine on a clean machine.
I would then first delete the Dlls that did not uninstall then go to the following
registry path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls

If your dll's path are still listed there just delete them from SharedDlls. This happens from time to time when you do numerous uninstallations of one program. Then you can try installing and uninstalling of your application.

Hope this helps you.
0 Kudos