cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pradosh
Level 2

Uninstall problem

Hi,

I am facing a problem while uninstalling the set up. The web site and the web application created by the set up is removed correctly while uninstalling, but the bin folder and the files within it in the application root folder is not getting removed. I've set the Permenant to 'No' for the application component. Any help will be appreciated..

Regards,
Pradosh
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
cbragg
Level 7

The installation will only remove files that are created by the installer. If the web application is creating additional files when it runs like logs etc. then the installer will leave this directory behind with only the extra files left behind. If this is the case you can specify wildcard entries in the removefile table to deal with these. Otherwise you may be dealing with file locks if they are in use.
0 Kudos
Pradosh
Level 2

Thanks for the reply..
The bin folder is deployed by the installshield set up and the application not creating any files within thos folder. I guess this may be the case of folder being locked by any resource. How can we verify that?
Installshield logs are not getting generated in my environment. i have given Yes to CreateMSI logs property in general information

Rgds,
Pradosh
0 Kudos