cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_hunter
Level 3

Uninstall prerequisites during product uninstall.

Greetings,

My product installs different prerequisites (.msi) during it's install. Thus during uninstall all those packages should be removed. And here appears one problem: when product being removed from the "Add or Remove Programs" applet I'm getting "Another installation is already in progress" error (I'm calling msiexe /x during the process).
So how to remove some other .msis during .msi de-installation?

Best regards...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Bineesh
Level 6

If you are trying to remove this applications while uninstallation How you are checking that prerequisite you are installed or already there in the system. Bettrer to give a message box at the end some of the applications may be installed as the part of the your installatin.
0 Kudos
_hunter
Level 3

Hello All,

Any ideas? Anybody!..

Best regards...
0 Kudos
Paul_Nicholas
Level 3

I too am interested in this.

My installer will need to install an updated version of a prerequisite, but that will not be possible if it is already installed/running (service).

Is it possible to remove a specific pre-requisite on uninstall/major upgrade?

(I think I can see there being an issue with this, requiring functionality the setup.exe bootloader probably doesn't provide, but it would be good to get confirmation of available options - if any)
0 Kudos
LingeOffer
Level 2

And we will try to help you out. And if the issues need immediate attention, then please contact our support team.

-------------------
I hope your summer is just like Sexy lingerie filled with surprises.
0 Kudos