cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alanallj
Level 3

Uninstall msaccess

Hi: I'm new to IS. I have a project using access runtime. I run a bat file that makes directories on the users computer and set reg keys to use an activex.ocx. Everything loads fine and works on my clean machine but if I uninstall I get an error message that the accessrt.msi and accessrt.cab are missing. when I cancel I get a fatal error. I added these files in the windows\installer folder. They load when installing but when uninstalling I still get a accessrt.cab missing (the accessrt.msi must be used). If I copy the cab and press the retry everything is fine. Any help with this is much appreciated. Do all computers use the windows\installer folder for these files?? A seperate issue-Have I been reading the posts correctly that the runtime will not install if there is a version of access on their computer?? Again thanks for your help and time. Alan
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
alanallj
Level 3

add the accessrt and cab file to the installdir. I am having trouble with access giving me a reference error on the users machine. See above post for alanallj. Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos