cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mittalemc
Level 2

Uninstall from add/remove program doesn't work

Hi all,

We have our installer based on IS. After installing, I see the product listed in the add/remove programs. When I try to uninstall from here, our uninstaller wizard opens and then when I click on uninstall button on that wizard, it finishes very quickly saying "Sucessful uninstallation", but it did not remove any services nor folders. On the other hand, when I go to my uninstall folder (under the location where I had installed the product), I have my uninstall.exe and when I click on that uninstall.exe, the wizard opens and uninstall works perfectly. It cleans everything. I don't know how to tie this uninstall.exe to the add/remove program uninstall?

Am I missing any path properties in my uip(IS) file settings? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Shilpi.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
enanrum
Level 9

Your VPD may be corrupted where it may think there are a couple installs of your product on our machine!

Try renaming the Gen1 to Gen1_BAk in the following location and try rerunning and uninstalling your program!

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Universal\common\Gen1

This is the location of the VPD tables!

Also you can check the registry and see if there are any other versions of you software out there!

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PRODUCTNAME_HASHVALUE

Regards,
Tom
0 Kudos
mittalemc
Level 2

Thanks Tom!

I realized that there was a problem in our execute Utility where we were required to set the working directory for the add/remove program uninstall to work correctly. After setting the work/current directory, the uninstall started working as expected.

Thanks,
Shilpi.
0 Kudos