cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JerryFlood
Level 3

Uninstall does not confirm services are stopped and files are not removed.

I'm new to InstallShield and I am migrating an Single exe, InstallScript project to IS 2008 from an old release. So far, everything looks good, however, some files remain after an uninstall that did not remain after an uninstall of the old package.

The files that remain appear to be those that are in use by 2 services that are stopped by the uninstall. I suspect that the services are sent the stop signal and that the files are removed but, in fact, the services have not completely stopped by the time that the files are attempted to be removed and the delete fails. I confirmed this by manually stopping the 2 services before the uninstall and the files were removed as in the previous release.

1. Is there a way to troubleshoot the uninstall?
2. If my assumptions are true, is there a way to tell IS 2008 to confirm that the services to be stopped are actually stopped before proceeding?

Thanks
Jerry Flood
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What type of project is the new one? If Basic MSI, you can create an MSI log file during uninstall; for InstallScript, there's the InstallScript debugger...
0 Kudos
JerryFlood
Level 3

The new project is an InstallScript. I discovered that the files are removed after a reboot. This behavior is a bit different than the version we migrated from, but is acceptable.
0 Kudos