cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
islangly
Level 3

Uninstall Installshield 2009 and install on another computer problem.

The version is Installshield 2009 pro, my operation steps are list below.

step1:
Uninstall the installshield 2009 pro from old computer.

step2:
Start the installshield 2009 pro from new computer, enter the serial number, then click Verify. the program tell me "Please wait while we validate the serial number you entered...". after a while, it remind me serial number not registered.

step3:
Then I click "Register my product online", enter the serial number, the webpage tell me "The serial number has already been registered."

How can I resolve this problem to active installshield on another computer?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
gavin_landon
Level 6

As you most likely know, this is piracy protection. My guess is your going to have to call them since InstallShield is talking to their servers when you register and the only way to unregister is a change in their database.
0 Kudos
virtualbry
Level 4

gavin.landon wrote:
As you most likely know, this is piracy protection. My guess is your going to have to call them since InstallShield is talking to their servers when you register and the only way to unregister is a change in their database.

Doesn't the process of uninstalling the software on one computer notify InstallShield that the license is no longer being used on the old PC?
0 Kudos
gavin_landon
Level 6

My experience with other software that has the same process doesn't always work. From your description your still registered. So the only way to get unregistered would be contacting them.

Think about it. If there is another way outside of uninstalling the software, then that would leave a huge whole for someone to "act" like the software is uninstalled and then install it on many machines.
0 Kudos
islangly
Level 3

virtualbry wrote:
Doesn't the process of uninstalling the software on one computer notify InstallShield that the license is no longer being used on the old PC?

The process does not remind me this.
0 Kudos
islangly
Level 3

Installshield 10.5 Pro was installed on my old machine, and it works fine now.

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos