cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RajeshMishra90
Level 2

Unable to uninstall chained programs when UnInstalling the parent program

Hi,
I am trying to fetch value from registry and assign it to one of the column in "IsChainPackage" table of MSI.
I have found out that I can create custom action and assign value to public property. But I am unable to find how to use this property in ProductCode column of IsChainPackage table.
I am looking for a solution where I can update the ProductCode field under Media->Releases->Pckg1/Pckg2 rows, with value that is present in registry. Is it possible?

Alternatively,
Can I uninstall a different product (say B) using ProductCode, when an uninstall starts for a product (say A)? I mean, when we click uninstall A, first I want to uninstall B, then A. Can I do it with some custom action? If yes, what would be the settings I need to do in that custom action?

Actual problem:
First time when we install the products, we can see 3 programs in control panel, 1 master(A) and 2 chained (B,C). Lets say, we now update B to a new version. This version update has assigned a new ProductCode to B. But the new product code is not updated in the master(A) which breaks the chained package hierarchy. Since master(A) does not have new ProductCode in its IsChainedPackage table, it is unable to uninstall C & B while uninstalling A.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh Mishra
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
tysons7738
Level 2

i've an InstallShield 2015 based totally installer venture inside my solution, in which I carried out .internet Framework four.5.1 as a prerequisite?but the built installer executable appears to no longer test the prerequisite On a few computer systems(Win7 X64)?and it is good on some other pc(Win7 X64).
TOP 10 TORRENT WEBSITES | Icefilms Kodi | Sportsarefree.xyz | Spacemov
0 Kudos
ajajay256
Level 2

I don't know what kind of error you are getting but if you could upload screenshot then it will help to find a better solution for yours. I was getting Kodi pair issue but found this tutorial while doing google search- https://firestickhelp.com/fix-olpair-openload-co-pair-kodi/ It solve the issue permanently.

0 Kudos
rashmichaudhary
Level 2

ajajay256 wrote:
I don't know what kind of error you are getting but if you could upload screenshot then it will help to find a better solution for yours. I was getting Kodi pair issue but found this tutorial while doing google search- https://firestickhelp.com/fix-olpair-openload-co-pair-kodi/ It solve the issue permanently.

Very nice post and right to the point. also, see other posts really good content I find here. Thank you.
digital marketing company in India
digital marketing company
0 Kudos
rashmichaudhary
Level 2

Very nice post and right to the point. also, see other posts really good content I find here. Thank you.
digital marketing company in India
0 Kudos
sanoowab
Level 2

I face the same problem with my system last year and after searching from lots of platforms I got a solution that I am going to describe you here and you need to focus on this thing. As you know everything that is installed in our system has a base and here you are saying that when you remove the base and want to build a system over it. Same thing with it that if you remove the parent program then the child program must crash when you open it. Solution wise you can try the things that can provide the base to your system and I think it will help. You can also reinstall the system here. I read about these thing on the websites like mycouchtuner and rainerland.
0 Kudos
Jason_07
Level 2

Although you can uninstall Kodi addons pretty easily, in case you need help for resetting and updating Kodi. Then you can visit the awesome Kodi stuff website.
0 Kudos
mattpslab
Level 2

rashmichaudhary wrote:
thevideo pair
SHAREit Download For PC

That's all fine. But how can you get the answered.
0 Kudos