cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datamagnet
Level 5

Unable to set Launch Program Check box

Hello,

I have upgraded from IS express 2008 to IS 2009 Professional. I need to get the "Launch Program" check box to be checked at the end on the installation.

In the IS Express you simply went to the Installation Interview and clicked the radio button and then browsed to the file you wanted to execute at conclusion of the setup and things happened fine. Now when I do that in IS 2009 Pro, although the exe I selected is shown in the Install interview box, when the installation is run and finished that check box is unchecked. How do I get this thing to be checked in that final dialog box?

Seemed lik eit should work the same way automatially but apparently not.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For a bit more information, please see this newsletter tip (PDF warning): http://www.acresso.com/webdocuments/PDF/launch.pdf.
0 Kudos
datamagnet
Level 5

Thanks - I had previously read that pdf and it seemed like I was really getting in over my head as an intermediate user. Kind of scared me, but I did start messing around with things trying to figure out what this "property manager" thing was because at the bottom of page 2 of the pdf the following appears:

TIP: By default, the LAUNCHPROGRAM property has no value, and so the check box appears deselected by default at run time. To specify that the check box should be initially selected, you can add LAUNCHPROGRAM to the Property Manager view with value 1.

HUMMMMM??? After hunting around a bit, as I have never used this thing called the "property manager" I doped out the steps. For everybody else, here is the illustrated "HOW TO GUIDE" to .... add the LAUNCHPROGRAM to the Property Manager.

Added 9/7/09 - CASE SENSITIVE
0 Kudos