cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
af0000
Level 3

Trying to add a custom dialog with a list-box control

Hello,

I'm currently trying to make a custom dialog with a list-box control that allows users to select one (or more) items.

It would be similar to the sdFeatureDialog, but with the exception that a list of custom-defined values is available from the selection, instead of the list of features. And it woudn't have any size information displayed.

After checking the sdFeatureDialog implementation, I discovered that the list control is done by the SdCreateComponentView and other ComponentView related API's. Was unable to find the source for these functions unfortunately. Are these available from anywhere - I'm just looking at a working example I can use as a reference and speed up the development a little bit.

Has anyone out there done a similar thing - or is there any other way to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
A.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For the general idea, please see the help topics Creating Installations > Defining the End-User Interface > Working with Dialogs > Working with Dialogs in InstallScript and InstallScript MSI Projects > Using InstallScript to Implement Custom Dialogs and ... > Using InstallScript to Process Dialog Controls.
0 Kudos
af0000
Level 3

Thank you, I've reviewed these pages. These contain the standard list-box controls, and have been very helpful.

I'm now looking to improve the look and feel with something that allows multiple selection of items via a check-box selection. Similar to the implementation of the sdFeatureDialog. Just had a quick look at the inner workings of it and it seems that they are creating a list inside a "text-box". Very likely they are using the [html] feature of the text control - I've been experimenting with this with similar results to the sdFeatureDialog - but not quite exact. Haven't worked out how to get the selection out of it though. Would really love to look at the implementation of "SdCreateComponentView" functions that are used in the sdFeatureDialog implementation but I could not locate them anywhere in the distribution - my guess is that they are supplied as a library. Would there be any source code available anywhere for these functions?

Thanks again,
A.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Would SdAskOptionsList do the trick?
0 Kudos
af0000
Level 3

RobertDickau wrote:
Would SdAskOptionsList do the trick?

Thanks, did the trick very nicely and it's a much more simpler solution than mine, with little code and no redesign of dialogs.

The FeatureAddItem example in the help was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again,
A.
0 Kudos