cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlankeD
Level 3

This property is not supported for Professional Project. You need to remove the line

I got this error in Visual Studio.

I'm currently writing a little script to build release on our build machine with Standalone Build.
The complete message is :

A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in InstallerModifier.exe
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in InstallerModifier.exe

Additional information: This property is not supported for Professional Project. You need to remove the line that calls the property from your automation code.

I was trying to add supported Language. here is the lines that make it crashes.

SARelease.FilterLangs = true;
SARelease.SupportedLangsData = sLanguage;

sLanguage is defined that way:

string[] SupportedLanguage = {"3084","1036","1033","1031","1049","1041","1037","1043"};
string sLanguage = String.Join(",",SupportedLanguage);

Anyone has an idea how i could get through this OR there is just no workaround?

I'm using an installScript project.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Please see the "Project" column of the table on the help topic "ISWiRelease Object"; the FilterLangs and SupportedLangsData properties appear to be valid only for Basic MSI and InstallScript MSI projects.

I haven't tried it, but does the SupportedLangsUI property do what you want in an InstallScript project? In the Release Wizard, the language UIs seem also to be used for build-time filtering...
0 Kudos