Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgarvey
Level 4

Testing feature selection in subsequent dialogs

Hi -

Another newbie question...

Basically, a user is presented with 3 different features to install. They can choose to install 1 or all of these features. A couple of 'Next' clicks later and I have a dialog window from which I would like to be able to display a particular message depending on which feature(s) were selected beforehand. How do I check which feature(s) were selected in the feature selection dialog window from within this new dialog window?

Thanks -
Paul
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
pgarvey
Level 4

FYI...in case anyone is looking for the solution to a similar problem I was able to get around this by doing the following:

Set a global variable in 'Property Manager' and then set that variable accordingly within the feature selection dialog window. Then, test for that variable in the new window using something similar to:

try {
String variableName =
arg0.getServices().getISDatabase().getVariableValue
("VariableName");
if(variableName.equals("A"){
infoLabel.setText("It's A");
}else{
infoLabel.setText("It's B");
}else{
infoLabel.setText("It's C");
}
}
catch (Exception e) {
arg0.getServices().logEvent(this, Log.ERROR, e);
}

If anyone knows of a better solution to this particular problem I'd really like to hear what it is.

Thanks,
Paul
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

You might see if the condition $P(featurebeanid.active) [with value "true" or "false"] works for you. Perhaps also see KB articles Q105801 and Q105638 at http://support.installshield.com.
0 Kudos