cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thompsonson
Level 2

Team Build\MSBuild issue

I'm trying to build a project via Team Build (which uses MSBuild) on our build server and i'm getting the following error:

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Macrovision\IS2008\Macrovision.InstallShield.targets(63,3): error MSB4062: The "Macrovision.InstallShield.Tasks.InstallShield" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Macrovision\IS2008\Macrovision.InstallShield.Tasks.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Macrovision\IS2008\Macrovision.InstallShield.Tasks.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. Confirm that the declaration is correct, and that the assembly and all its dependencies are available.

The installation itself is an Admin Studio installation and i've installed it to the D drive (some files have been installed to the C drive to).

I've tried loading the dll in idlasm (which failed) and then Depends which came back with nothing useful.

Does anyone else have any information or experienced this to?

Regards,
Matt
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The dependencies of that file should only include the .NET 2.0 framework and the VC8 redist (as well as a runtime dependency of our IDE or SAB); I'm not certain what the missing assembly manifest amounts to, as I know this works in other scenarios. However I don't see how you could lack either dependency if VSTS is installed.

If you have the Macrovision.InstallShield.Tasks.dll, and/or the targets file, on another machine where you can successfully use MSBuild, you might try copying them in and making sure the path in the .targets file references the build machine's InstallShield install.
0 Kudos
thompsonson
Level 2

It is confusing, i've tried in on my dev box to and getting the same error (just using MSBuild here).

The Macrovision product i have is AdminStudio evaluation version. Confused to about what could be missing.... Any ideas how i can debug it further?

Matt
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

I don't use AdminStudio anymore but I'm guessing that there is a problem with their install based on prior experience with how they compose InstallShield/AdminStudio at release time. I can't test this though.

Matt-

I sent you an email with suggestions. Please let me know how it turns out.

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos