cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarrettDyer
Level 5

TEMP env variable wrong in IS2011

I recently converted a project from IS2010 to IS2011 and notice that the administrator's TEMP environment variable changes once in Deferred Execution. In Immediate Execution, it is located in C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1, where I expect it to be. However, once in Deferred Execution, it changes to C:\Windows\Temp.

Any idea why it changes?

I opened up the IS2010 version of the project and confirmed that it remains pointed to C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1 throughout the install. The custom action VBScript code is contained in an external file, so I am using the same CA code in both versions of the install.

I'd rather not have to begin to account for this switch in all my projects that I intend to upgrade to IS2011, so some information about this would be much appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
angusmf
Level 3

Start using the "TempFolder" property like I told you yesterday. Jeez.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Are you using the InstallShield built-in SQL scripts support in your installation? If so, apply the hotfix posted in this thread, and see if it fixes your issue.
0 Kudos
deecole
Level 4

I'm seeing the same behavior with IS 2011, that TempFolder ends with \2 in immediate execution, and without the \2 in deferred execution.

David
0 Kudos