cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ichbindak
Level 4

[SystemFolder] and [System64Folder] the same?

Hi, i need to change a configuration file in C:\Windows\System32\inetsvr\config but Installshield changes/creates it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsvr\config. For basic testing i printed [SystemFolder] and [System64Folder] in the welcome dialog and it allways printed C:\Windows\SysWOW64. How can i get IS2010 to change the file in C:\Windows\System32\inetsvr\config instead of C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsvr\config ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Lurean
Level 8

According to the help file documentation [SystemFolder] can resolve to the c:\windows\SysWoW64 folder on 64bit systems.You could try using the [WindowsFolder] and going from there if you really need it in the System32 directory.

Just keep in mind that the System Folder is c:\windows\SysWoW64 as far as the operating system is concerned so unless your application is using hard coded paths, it may resolve differently at run time.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

To use System64Folder, the component referencing this path needs to be set to 64-bit and then the entire package (template summary) will need to be marked as 64-bit. Otherwise, Windows Installer will resolve System64Folder to the 32-bit redirected location.
0 Kudos