cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenzo22
Level 6

System search on 64 bit OS

Hello all, I have defined a system search to find whether an application(RTX) have been installed, the system search will check the following registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tencent\RTXC, registry value: INSTDIR, and save the search result as an property "RTX". Here is the strange thing, when I install RTX on a 64 bit OS to its default Program Files (x86)folder, this system search can take effect. When I install RTX to Program Files folder, the system search seems doesn't work(I have defined an install condition "RTX"), my installer will tell me I haven't installed RTX...

I have tried the option "Search the 64-bit portion of the registry", still doesn't work...By the way, my installer only includes 32 bit components. What could be the reason of this behavior, please help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Alvezz
Level 3

Hi,

Can you check "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tencent\RTXC" using regedit?

BR, Alexander
0 Kudos
kenzo22
Level 6

Yes, I have done that, on 64bit OS, This registry is redirected to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Tencent\RTXC
0 Kudos
kenzo22
Level 6

Resolved, when I choose the system search type, previously I choose "Folder path, as specified by a registry entry", this is type "0" in Reglocator table, when I choose "Registry entry" as the system search type, which is type "2" in Reglocator table, this problem disappear, system search can take effect on 64-bit OS no matter where I install RTX, althouth I haven't choose "Search the 64-bit portion of the registry" option...
0 Kudos