cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kavyens
Level 3

Supress SQL Connection on UnInstallation

Hi,

I have created an installer using Basic MSI in Installshield 2011. I have included SQL Express 2011 R2 as optional feature. I am also using SQL Connection to run SQL Scripts at install time. The optional feature which installs sql express 2008 R2 is "SQLInstallation".

Now the problem is even if the user does not install sql feature at the uninstallation it still trys to connect to sql and run thd sql script (drop script).

So How can I stop running sql scripts at uninstallation if the sql is not selected at installation time?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

I think that you just need to associate the drop script with the "SQLInstallation" feature so that the underlying component of the drop script will not be installed when you do not install the feature.
0 Kudos
kavyens
Level 3

I have already associated drop script sqlinstallation feature but still it tries to connect to sqlserver on uninstallation
0 Kudos
manomatt
Level 8

check how many sql connections are created in the sql script view.
and condition them such that none of them will try to connect tot eh sql server if the feature is not selected.
0 Kudos
kavyens
Level 3

I have only one sql connection and it has been associated with optional feature only.
0 Kudos
kavyens
Level 3

mano.n.s75 wrote:
check how many sql connections are created in the sql script view.
and condition them such that none of them will try to connect tot eh sql server if the feature is not selected.

I don't know how to put the condition that if sqlserver is not already installed then the script shouldn't run
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

A verbose log may help you troubleshoot the issue. You would need to find out why the drop script is getting uninstalled when you unselect the "SQLInstallation" feature for an installation. KB article Q104807 explains how to create the log.
0 Kudos