cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cada0310
Level 5

Support for license issue?!

Hi there,

I've sent emails to customer support for this issue, but haven't gotten a response yet.

I purchased an InstallShield 2010 license (not cheap!), and I use it for installation development on my workstation. When I build a release, I use a clean VMWARE image, which also has Installshield installed on it, and I use the command line to build the installation.

I'm only using one of them at a time, and I found the "return license" button, and just assumed I could keep moving the license back and forth - developing on my workstation when I needed to develop, and then moving the license to the build machine when I needed to build for release.

Well, apparently you can only do this "return" thing a few times, and then it shuts you down. Now, I have a situation where NEITHER my build machine, nor my development machine can activate the license. I really need this resolved as soon as possible - I can't use IS at all now.

Can someone at IS please contact me with a PM and I can provide the details?

(On a side note, is there a way to do command line builds without having a license on the box? This is problematic.)

- Chris
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
ch_eng
Level 7

Have you tried calling tech support? They are very helpful.
0 Kudos
cbragg
Level 7

This is probably a question for you account manager to look into reactivating your license. contact the name and number at the bottom of the license number or invoice emails you received.

If you have purchased the premier edition of installshield, I believe you are entitled to install the standalone build engine on another pc (up to 5 i think??). This doesn't include any of the GUI tools. otherwise I guess you'd have to pay for the upgrade to premier or another license.
0 Kudos