cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
himaone
Level 3

Support for VS 2008

Hi All,

My team and I are developing application using VS 2008 & .Net framework 3.5. We know that InstallShield 2008 is currently supporting VS 2005. Is InstallShield 2008 also supporting VS 2008 projects and how to connect it to VS 2008 TFS source control? I really need to make an application deployment that targeted .Net framework 3.5

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Have you tried the update available on http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q113727 to see if it provides what you're looking for?
0 Kudos
himaone
Level 3

Thanks for the response..

I have tried the update and it works in VS2008. But I have some problems then:

1. When I select "Application Data --> Files and Folder", looks like the form is incomplete (looks different compared to the form in VS2005).
When I right-click on "Destination Computer's Folder" section, VS2008 always raise an error and quit immediately. (I've attached the sceen shot)

2. when I use "Project Assistant --> Application Files" then I click "Add Project Outputs" button, there is a popup message "Not Implemented"
(I've attached the sceen shot)
(Points 1 & 2 only happened when I add InstallShield project inside VS2008 solution that is connected to TFS Source Control)

3. How if I want to include .Net Framework 3.5 in the installation. I cannot find the item in InstallShield 2008.

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
himaone
Level 3

For the poin number 1, I have found that the form "Application Data --> Files and Folder" is becoming incomplete when there are one or more project(s) in a solution were "Unloaded". If all Projects in a solution were loaded, then the InstallShield form works fine.

Thanks
0 Kudos