cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tglynx
Level 6

Support Files and Single Image

Hi,

when i add files or folders in the Support Files view these Files are not Streamed into the Setup.exe when choosing to build a Single Image.
Instead they are located in the same folder as the Setup.exe after the build.

I want to add some files which are available in [SUPPORTDIR] during setup to call them as custom action, and i want them to be streamed into the Setup.exe.

Thanks,
Michael
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

I am assuming that you are placing your files or folders under the Advanced Files | Disk1 node. If that is the case, that is by design as the node is provided for indicating the files that you want placed in the Disk1 folder.
0 Kudos
tglynx
Level 6

ok, thanks, i understand that, but is there a way to have the files streamed in the setup.exe when building 'single image' and call a exe as custom action during setup then?
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

If you add your .exe to the Support Files | English (United States) folder in the Setup Files view, the file should be streamed into your package. Note that you may have a different folder name from "English (United States)" depending on what language you include in your setup project.
0 Kudos
tglynx
Level 6

Hi,

i am really confused now. The Setup Files View looks like this on my machine:

Support Files
|-Splash Screen
|-Advanced Files
|-Disk1

There is no 'English (United States)' node there 😞

Adding Files is only possible on the 'Disk1' node.
My Project has been upgraded from ISX 2008 and has been upgraded from previous versions before.

I have a 'English (United States)' node when i create a new project!

How can i get my project to display that node?

Thanks,
Michael
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

That is strange. Would it be possible for to email me your project at hidenoriy@acresso.com so that I can look into it?
0 Kudos
tglynx
Level 6

sure 😉 just sent you an email...
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

I corrected your project file and sent it back to you.
0 Kudos
tglynx
Level 6

Thank you very much! It works as expected now 🙂
0 Kudos
edpaffjr
Level 3

Do you recall what the issue was, as I am experiencing the same thing.
0 Kudos
tglynx
Level 6

unfortunately i do not know. i sent the file to hidenori and he fixed it for me. i guess he was using orca or some internal tool to fix the problem.

as per my understanding the issue occured because i updated the project from a previous version.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

edpaffjr, please send me your project at hidenoriy@acresso.com. I will look into it.
0 Kudos
edpaffjr
Level 3

I would, but I'm not having the issue anymore. I was reading that nested msi's are not a good idea, so instead I added my msi's as prerequisites to install prior to my main installation. If I run into the issue again, I'll send the project to you.
0 Kudos