cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fritzlero
Level 3

SuperHelp: Install backup file during Un-installation

Pls help..

Is it possible to launch backup file after un-installation.. our intention is to automate the process of re-installing previous release after un-installation of the latest release on add/remove programs automatically (using script etc).. we want this seemlessly.. and dont want to re-install and re-install over and over again incase someone uninstalled our web deployments..

God bless and more power.. we're using installshield 2009 premier.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
fritzlero
Level 3

fritzlero wrote:
Pls help..

Is it possible to launch backup file after un-installation.. our intention is to automate the process of re-installing previous release after un-installation of the latest release on add/remove programs automatically (using script etc).. we want this seemlessly.. and dont want to re-install and re-install over and over again incase someone uninstalled our web deployments..

God bless and more power.. we're using installshield 2009 premier.

one more thing.. how come installshield has a capability to execute sql script during uninstallation while components are not..? im thinking if there's an option to restore the previous version of the file? after uninstallation?

e.g
yesterday i installed app01.. today i installed a major upgrade app01.1.. then i when i uninstall app01.1 i want to restore back the app01 automatically..?

would that be possible guys.. this sounds silly but we're having difficulties managing it since we are deploying web application that has many modules bundled on it.. thanks thanks
0 Kudos