cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveAllan
Level 2

Suite logging questions

I'm attempting to use a Suite to install several .MSI packages. The install is working great, HOWEVER, I want detailed logging information from each of the .MSI installs.

I can get logging information from Setup.exe.
I've been digging in the IS documention and attempting to follow what I find there but I simply can not get it to generate logs for the individual .MSIs that get installed.

Suggestions?
Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
DebbieL
Level 17

The Suite installations that are created in InstallShield 2012 do not have any support for configuring that sort of logging when you launch the Suite's Setup.exe file from the command line, as documented in Passing Command-Line Parameters to a Package in a Suite Installation. So, if you want to log the .msi packages in your Suite, you need to use either the logging system policy, or the MsiLogging property.

If upgrading to InstallShield 2012 Spring is an option for you, you can take advantage of the new feature that adds support for creating the log files. To learn more, see Supporting the Creation of Package Log Files for Command-Line Launching of an Advanced UI or Suite/Advanced UI Installation.
0 Kudos