cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdeleon
Level 2

Suite installer does not include InstallDate registry key

Hi,

For automation purposes, my team is attempting to retrieve the installDate and installSource registry information to verify installation but installing with the Suite installer, the HKLM\...\Uninstall\{ProductNum} does not provide the mentioned keys. Can these only be found in MSI packages? If no, then is there a way for me to obtain the information about the Suite installer?

Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.There isn't a lot of documentation our there supporting the Suite installer project.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You can probably use the LastWriteTime from RegQueryInfoKey, at least at a C/C++ level. Other languages or layers may wrap this; for instance this happens to be an example scenario shown in PowerShell on a TechNet blog.
0 Kudos
bdeleon
Level 2

Thanks for the feedback. 🙂
I'm assuming that there isn't a way to internally with IS enable and create the installDate registry key so that the Suite installer will have these available?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

No, I'm not aware of a way to make the suite write this value. Typically the suite registers just enough to show up pleasantly in Programs and Features. For any further information, we expect people will be more interested in the underlying packages' data.
0 Kudos