Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heiner_violet
Level 7

Suite installation - current package name not displayed

(IS 2013 Premier)

Hello All,

My Suite-Setup installs one MSI-Package. This package has a Display Name.
Unfortunately, this display name is NOT displayed on the InstallationProgress dialog.
Property 'ISInstallStatus' has value 'package is being installed' or so (German: 'Paket wird installiert', EMPTY package name, there are two blanks after the word package/Paket).

Thanks in advance for any hint.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The strings in question are IDS_INSTALLING_PARCEL (either "Installing Parcel [1]" or "Paket [1] wird installiert"), and the display name of the package itself. If you didn't carefully rename it, chances are the package refers to a string ID such as ID_STRING16 (the exact string id name is shown in the curly braces in the Display Name field on the package). Is the German translation of the Display Name's string empty in the String Editor?
0 Kudos
heiner_violet
Level 7

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

The string IDS_SUITE_INSTALLING_PARCEL has value "Paket [1] wird installiert" as you told me.
The Package Display Name refers to string ID_STRING23 which exists in the string table and has a value (German is the only setup-language).
It seems to me that Parameter [1] in the string IDS_SUITE_INSTALLING_PARCEL is not filled - the string always displays as "Paket wird installiert" (Two blanks after 'Paket', I checked this in the debuglog).

I'm currently doing some experiments on the possibilities of Suite Projects. So I simply added one or two MSI-Packages and recognized that the package Name is not displayed.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Hmm, looking more closely I see the same behavior in English, and I see why. I've logged this under IOA-000084832 so you can check for it in the release notes of future releases.

Unfortunately the workaround I see is only effective if you have a single package (and preferably a single language): modify IDS_SUITE_INSTALLING_PARCEL to include the package's name instead of the [1]. Note that if you do use such a workaround, the future fix will not apply until the string is changed back to include [1].
0 Kudos