cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Suite and language selection during silent install

I've been trying to get a suite install to correctly choose the install language when running silently. Note it all works fine when run interactively.

My suite install command-line is:

SetupCBMR711.exe /language:1031 /silent

The 1031 setting should choose a German install, but always chooses the default English install. The silent install command-line passed on to the package installer itself is:

[FONT="Courier New"]/s /L[ISSelectedLanguage] /v"/qn ALLUSERS=1"[/FONT]

ISSelectedLanguage is set to 1033 by default, but doesn't seem to get overwritten as expected. I've also tried this:

SetupCBMR711.exe /ISSelectedLanguage:1031 /silent

However this doesn't work either (ISSelectedLanguage:1031 remains set to 1033).

Have I got the syntax of this silent language selection switch correct?

Also how to I set the path for the "/stage_only" switch. The documentation doesn't show how that's set. I've tried "/stage_only"C:\Temp" but that doesn't work.

Many thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I believe your first command line is correct; there was just a bug in use of the property in the command lines of operations. This is resolved in the SP (See the Read Me First sticky in this forum, among other places).

As for the /stage_only question, the location is specified either in the UI that appears, or by providing the ISRootStagePath property - ISRootStagePath="C:\path\..." for example.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Michael

Many thanks for the heads up on those 2 points. Looks like I'll need to wait for the SP for the first point.

Adding "/silent" to the "stage_only" in conjunction with the ISRootStagePath setting allows me to do the package extract completely on the command-line. This works a treat.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

In case I managed to muddle the message too badly and nobody else cleared it up for you: we released SP1 yesterday. KB Q201298 should have all the information you need to get your hands on it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Michael

Installed SP1 thanks. Seems to have cleared up all my outstanding issues.

Cheers
0 Kudos