cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_Hodgson
Level 5

Suite Wizard - Launch a PDF from Support Files

I'm trying to get a button to launch our Installation Guide from a button in the Suite Installation Wizard.
The button is fine, I'm just not sure how to use the {Open InstallGuidePDF} property to reference a PDF File in the Support Dir.

I added the .PDF to Support Files under English, and I tried setting the InstallGuidePDF property to [SUPPORTDIR]InstallGuide.pdf but it tells me the file can't be found when I press the button during installation.

I can see the PDF file in the %Temp%\{GUID}\1033\ folder when the Suite has started.

Does anyone know how to get this to work?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Try SETUPSUPPORTDIR (one of the available Suite properties) instead of SUPPORTDIR (which is not available in Suites).

For more Suite properties, see Suite Property Reference.
0 Kudos
Kevin_Hodgson
Level 5

DebbieL wrote:
Try SETUPSUPPORTDIR (one of the available Suite properties) instead of SUPPORTDIR (which is not available in Suites).

Thanks Debbie,

That did work with a little more modification. I had to move the file out of the English Files subdirectory of Support Files and into the Language Independent folder, because the file was going into a \1033\ subdirectory of the [SETUPSUPPORTDIR] and not in the main folder.

I also had to include a \ after the directory property, which normally isn't necessary in an MSI, but appears to be needed here.

Thanks again,
Kevin
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Ah, right. I'll add examples in the SETUPSUPPORTDIR documentation that show what's needed. Thanks!
0 Kudos