cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguggisberg
Level 13

Suite - List of Selected Features

I would like to add a List Box to the InstallationProgress screen of my Suite project that will show the list of selected features and the order in which they will be installed. Currently I am setting the 'Content Property' of the List Box to ISFeatureInstall, but it is not working. Is there a better way to do this?

I can almost get what I want by using the 'FeatureSelectionTree' instead of a List Box... although at this point the selections have already been made and I don't want the user to be able to check or uncheck boxes. Also, I would rather not display the unchecked features.

Next question would be... is it possible to display the list of Packages, which could be different than the list of Features if a Feature contains multiple packages.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

Just moving this to the top of the heap to run the flag up the pole again!
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Hmm, I don't think a list of features is possible today, unless ISFeatureInstall and ISFeatureRemove are set that way (I believe they are processed read-only for silent installations and not updated to be current). You could probably write some sort of UI action which functions like SetProperty and handles this, but we don't have the documentation out for that yet. 🙂

As for a list of packages, that's even less possible today. I'll make a note about ensuring our action interface can handle this in the future.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Michael,
Looks like they are keeping you busy on here today!
Actually, what I want can be accomplished rather nicely with a FeatureSelectionTree. All features are listed and the selected ones are checked. The problem with the FeatureSelectionTree is that I would like to have the option to disable it so that it is for display only. Right now any screen you put a FeatureSelectionTree on allows you to check or uncheck boxes. What do you think? Could you add that?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

On the feature selection tree, try toggling the Style WS_DISABLED to True.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

I guess I need to poke around a bit more and find these things. That's great.:)
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

I would like to make the FeatureSelectionTree invisible for uninstall. Seems like that should easily be done with {Mode install} in the Visible tab... but it does not seem to work.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Two options: {Mode ...} only works on wizard pages right now. So you could make a clone of the dialog without the tree, and use {Mode install} or {Mode maintenance}

Or as the second option, check the related property IsInstallMode instead. It doesn't have special handling for the maintenance value, but if you just want to show it during install, you'll be fine.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

I achieved the desired results by going to the FeatureSelectionTree and setting 'Visible' to {Binding IsInstallMode != Remove}
Not sure why, but {Mode install} did not work.
Cross another one off the list!
Thanks
0 Kudos