cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonAIR
Level 6

Suite Installer: UI DLL: Display Error: The installation of appears to have failed...

We are just testing out Suite installers and I am not 100% sure why this comes up for each installer. The installer themselves works fine. I assume its my Detection Condition, but that also appears to work (since if the key exists it puts it in maintenance mode). Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Not applicable

So if you check the installed package key it matches your defined suite detection condition?

Make sure you're checking the correct part of the registry if you're installing a 32-bit app on a 64-bit host.
0 Kudos
DonAIR
Level 6

Hysteresis wrote:
So if you check the installed package key it matches your defined suite detection condition?

Make sure you're checking the correct part of the registry if you're installing a 32-bit app on a 64-bit host.

sorry for the delay, work got in the way haha.

Anyways. It is an app being installed on a 64bit OS. The key we look for is: HKLM\SOFTWARE\AIR Worldwide\Touchstone\Client and 64bit is True. This key works, as if its found it sends the suite into repair mode.

Is it possible since the package has redists in it (not the suite) that its causing the issue? The package doesn't take anything more than the .exe so those redists are technically missing.
0 Kudos