cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMadden
Level 6

[Suite] How to override the Remove Operation Target in a Suite project?

Hello,

We are trying to setup a Suite project that installs an Setup.exe that was created with NSIS Installer. Installing works fine, but for the uninstall part we have to run the file [INSTALLDIR]uninstall.exe, not the Setup.exe with a different parameter or so. So my question, how can I override the Target in the Remove Operation? Everything the Suite offers me is the installers executable in a drop down box, nothing else.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Sandra
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

In general you're not limited to the selections in the drop down here, just type what you need into the Target setting. For example, you can type [ProgramFilesFolder]Company\Product\uninstall.exe and it will do what you expect.

(However the specific case of [INSTALLDIR] may be problematic if your users can change the location; I don't recall if the suite will save and remember a suite property used to specify the installation location.)
0 Kudos
SMadden
Level 6

Thanks for the info Michael. It's good to know I can type into the box too, but I think this feature still has a bug.

When trying to locate the binary during uninstall it ignores the [INSTALLDIR] value and then appends the rest of whatever I typed to the \\ folder. E.g when typing in [INSTALLDIR]uninstaller\uninstall.exe, it evaluates it to \\uninstaller\uninstall.exe

But the [INSTALLDIR] property value itself is available during uninstall. When being passed in on the cmdline it does resolve to the correct location.

To work around it I ended up extracting the uninstall.exe from the NSIS Installer package, adding it to the package files, selecting it from the dropdown list and then passing in the [INSTALLDIR] property on the commandline for the remove operation (/S _?=[INSTALLDIR]).

Thanks,
Sandra
0 Kudos