cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBeauvais
Level 3

Suite Events

Has anyone had any luck getting an action from an event to work in a Suite install? I have created a dll which contains exported functions which work without issue as custom actions from a dialog, but if I try to use the same functions from an event, the QueryInterface fails and returns an error. It doesn't seem to matter which event I use, the QueryInterface always fails.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The UI and the Engine of the Suite provide different (but similar) interfaces: ISuiteExtension vs ISuiteUIExtension. Thus code written for one will not necessarily work for the other. (As long as you only need the shared methods, you can QI for one of the interfaces, if that fails QI for the other, and go from there.)
0 Kudos
JBeauvais
Level 3

I had not realized that there were multiple interfaces. Looking at the help I now see 3 different interfaces. The differences between them are not explained very well, which explains my confusion. Now that I've written my CA functions using the appropriate interface it works fine. Thank you for responding!
0 Kudos