cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thanatos83
Level 5

Store Value for SetupType

Hi...

I use a Basic MSI Installer for create a multi-language installation, 4 languages...

I need make a few changes in any language, in the dialog SetupType, because i rename the Caption text "Complete" for "All" and the Value of property is "Complete", well i rename this value to "All", (all this in the string language english).

But the problem is this: in language spanish i rename the Caption text "Completo" for "Todo" and the value is "Complete" jet, but if a change this value to "Completo" when i go back to language english the value of property is "Completo".

ok, look this resume:
----------------------------------------------
lang "english", dialog SetupType:

Caption Text: "Complete" changed to "All"
Value: "Complete" changed to "All"

lang "spanish", dialog SetupType:

Caption Text: "Complete" changed to "Todo"
Value: "All" changed to "Todo"

well we go back to language english one more time...

lang "english", dialog SetupType:

Caption Text: "All"
Value: "Todo" (this is the problem) because i set "All" in english language previously

Excuse Me all for this confuse but its strange this...

UPDATE:
------------------

OK i confirmed that only one value is set in property for all languages...

I make in dialog, "ReadyToInstall" a group box with 3 Text controls:

- The First: I wish recover info of selected SetupType before. [_IsSetupTypeMin] always return the default value in english but not in a language specified.
- The Second: is too easy, i set [INSTALLDIR] to recover the path selected before, finally works fine 🙂
- Finally: I wish recover info of total size the features selected in GB or MB. I don't know what is the property to get this data 😞

Please any help, thanks 😄
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
thanatos83
Level 5

Well, Anyone known to use "MSIGetFeatureCost" function?, this described that Get values of feature cost. This required a dll call, "MSI.dll" but I don't meet that dll. :confused:

In other project in installshield 2008 premier that i see, use a dll called "BuildSummary" and use the function "f3" to store values of selected setup type and feature cost. well, then, to see that values stored for example in a control text, the caption of text is this: [SummarySpaceReq] or [SummarySetupType] and this required to call dll named "ISSetup.dll".

In Installshield 2009 premier that i use, there's a 4 o 5 dlls with this names but don't work because during intall in the dialog "ReadyToInstall" in a control text that i create show me "0".
0 Kudos