cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Welder
Level 3

Start Menu Shortcuts?

I've got a couple of questions and hopefully someone here will be able to provide me with a simple answer. I'm building my InstallShield project and am just adding shortcuts to the start menu in the Installation Designer under the System Configuration:Shortcuts.

However, the folder name I want all of these shortcuts created in I want to be selectable or entered using the SdSelectFolder() dialog. How do I do this? Also since I've already created these shortcuts, am I going to have to delete them and create them in the InstallShield script using AddFolderIcon() etc?

My project consists of many features, each having two subfeatures which can be selectively installed using the SdFeatureTree(), but by default the subfeatures are automatically open. I want to set the feature so that by default it's closed, so you have to click the + to see the subfeatures rather than them being visible by default. Is there anyway to do this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
The_Welder
Level 3

I've already answered myself the second part of my question!! Should have paid more attention to the nLevel parameter! Setting it to 1 seems to have solved my issue with the open features. Now if I can just sort my shortcuts, I'm all done! Any help from anyone???
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I'm not aware of an official way to sort shortcuts, but search the world (incl. these forums) for "MenuOrder" to see one undocumented possibility involving the registry...
0 Kudos