cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterbi
Level 7

Standalone build issues with IS2008

Hi,

I am using IS2008 standalone build for my project. I need to build Access97.ism first, then build my product - two steps in the script.

"%INSTALLSHIELD_DIR%\IsSABld.exe" -p Access97.ism -r "Default" -o "%Merge_Modules_dir%"
"%INSTALLSHIELD_DIR%\IsSABld.exe" -p %APP_NAME%.ism -r "Default" -o "%Merge_Modules_dir%"

%Merge_Modules_dir% is the folder I created and copied more than enough msm to it. But I got two weired errors now:

ISDEV : error -7017: The Object/MergeModule "D:\Glassmate\MergeModules\Access97.
Msm" is not installed on the local system. To download it, go to the Redistribu
tables view, right click on any item and select "Download required Merge Modules
."

AND

ISDEV : error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging Module 'MSXML.212
06420_6BA8_4CFB_A48C_C72A6BFE80C0:1033' for Feature 'MSXML40_Feature'.
Merging modules...

For the first one, I do have Access97.msm file in the %Merge_Modules_dir% folder, what should I do now?

For the second one, how can I get the merge module? I have the following in the %Merge_Modules_dir% already:

msxml3_wim32.msm
msxml3inf_wim32.msm
msxml4sxs32.msm
msxml4sys32.msm

Should I just rename one of the '4' to msxml.msm?

Thanks,
Peter
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
peterbi
Level 7

Some updates:

- the second issue ('MSXML') is gone now. I copied a 'MSXML4.msm' and renamed it to 'MSXML.msm', put it to the mergemodules folder (where -o points to), ran the build (IsSABld) and the issue was gone. Then I removed the 'MSXML.msm' from the folder, and re-ran the build, and the error didn't show up! It's mysterious to me but at least it's not bothering me right now.

- the 'Access97' issue is still there. I double checked by following the error message (To download it, go to the Redistribu
tables view, right click on any item and select "Download required Merge Modules.")
, and found that 'Access 97' was checked (selected0 in 'Redistributables' view, with the following information:

Version:1.0; Type:InstallShield Object; Location:Installed Locally.

When I tried 'Download (All) required Merge Modules', I got 'Dlownloading 0 files'.

Still need help on this, please!
0 Kudos