cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmackay
Level 7

Standalone Build Tool doesn't work with .uip files?

Hello,

When trying to use the Standalone Build Tool to build my InstallShield 11.5 Multiplatform project, I get the following error:

C:\>"C:\Program Files\IS11.5MP\ISWSAB\IsSABld.exe" -p C:\ISMP11Projects\myproject\myproject.uip
InstallShield (R)
Release Builder
Copyright 1997-2005 Macrovision Europe Ltd.
and/or Macrovision Corporation.
All Rights Reserved.
-1132: The source project file extension is invalid.

Is there a different standalone tool to be used for building Multiplatform projects?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Yes, there is a separate standalone builder for ISMP projects; please see the ISMP help topic "Using the Stand-Alone Builder (SAB)".
0 Kudos
rmackay
Level 7

According to that:

The name of the executable for the SAB on Windows is sab.exe; on UNIX, the file name is sab.bin.

Example Command Lines

NOTE

Double-quotes are used in the Windows example because there are spaces in the folder name.

On Windows Platforms
"C:\Program Files\Macrovision\InstallShield MultiPlatform 11.5\StandAlone\sab.exe"

However, there is no "StandAlone" folder in my install dir for ISMP 11.5 and there is no sab.exe either.

I installed the stand alone build tool from the 'tools -> check update' menu option.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

After you run Tools > Check Update do you find a file called InstallShieldMultiPlatformStandAloneBuilderInstaller.exe? After running that on Windows, I see sab.exe in the installation directory...
0 Kudos
rmackay
Level 7

Couple of things.

I could not install this to the current ISMP11.5 install directory as it would give an error, saying that a newer version was already installed. :confused:

After installing to a different location, my shortcut for ISMP 11.5, which previously worked, was broken.

Once the SAB was finally installed, it would not run. Output was:

ERROR: Java compiler (C:\Program Files\Java\bin\javac.exe) invalid: go to "Tools/Options" menu option to specify a compiler
MESSAGE: Compile stopped due to error determining java compiler.
Build stopped due to failed compilation.

I apparantly had to copy my ismp.properties file from the previous install location to the install location of the SAB for this to work.

Of course it then still does not work because the placeholders used in the project are not resolved. Long story short, it didn't work.

It seems that if I could have installed it into the CURRENT install directory of ISMP11.5 then it would have worked properly. However it would not let me do that.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Part of the issue might be that the SAB is intended to be installed on a different system from the main IDE (otherwise the normal command-line builder should do the trick).

But yes, it seems you'd need to copy the compiler.path entry to the SAB's ismp.properties; such as---

compiler.path=C\:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.5.0_06\\bin\\javac.exe

---and copy custom beans into the SAB's classes directory or other directory on the SAB class path...
0 Kudos
rmackay
Level 7

It seems that anything which was customized has to be migrated, even to other machines that SAB may be installed on. If the project uses custom images then they need to be moved over, etc. When I tried it on a different system that did not have the IDE I got all sorts of errors which were referring to files used in the project itself.
0 Kudos