cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
COSMED
Level 4

Sql Server 2008 R2 SP1 missing in SetupPrerequisite

Hello,

I'm evaluating the trial version of InstallShield 2012 Spring Premier.
I need to insert Sql Server 2008 R2 SP1 as a prerequisite but I've seen that is missing the in the setup prerequisites list, what can I do?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

You can define your own InstallShield prerequisite for SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1. For details, see Defining InstallShield Prerequisites.
0 Kudos
COSMED
Level 4

Thank you very much for your reply.

I stil need you help because I have little time to evaluate Installshied.
I must create a setup for a commercial product and I will decide within two days which software to buy.

The installation must allow me to:
- set .Net framework 4.0 and SQL server 2008 as prerequisites (if not installed on the computer of the customer must be installed)
- sql script can be executed to create and populate a database
- insert file .exe of my program and its dll.

What is the best way to do this things with InstallShield? Which type of project should I create(Basic Msi, Project Wizard)? There are tutorials that allow me to quickly understand the way to go?
0 Kudos
AmitRout
Level 5

Follow the below link for your reference
http://www.wavepointstudios.net/Free-InstallShield-Tutorials.aspx

Then decide your project type as per your requirement
0 Kudos
rbhalek
Level 2

I am new in installshield, I have installshield 2010 and want to build basic msi for vs2010 wpf project with sql server 2008 r2 express I found .prq file for sql server 2008 R2 and copied that file into
"C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2010\SetupPrerequisites" this folder but when i run installshield my sql prq file not showing in "Installation Requirement" of installshield project to check the checkbox and select prq's in my msi project

Please suggest me how to instert \ add my custom .prq/prerequisites into installshield "Installation Requirement" list of prerequisites ?
0 Kudos