cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottd72
Level 7

Specify Skin setting

Installscript projects have a setting called 'Specify Skin' in the Build tab under Releases, that allows you to select the skin you would like to use for that particular release. Is there anything similar to this in the MSI project types? IF not that would be a great added feature.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For Basic MSI projects, "themes" are analogous to InstallScript "skins". The help library has more information.
0 Kudos
BrHartmann
Level 7

I was going to post about this, but noticed this thread in my pre-search. So, I second Scott's request! We primarily use Installscript-MSI projects and are getting into more localization work. It would be REALLY nice if skin choice per release configuration were supported.

For now I will have to remember to manually change the skin when I switch between a US or localized release build, as our localized skin has a graphic which includes some text localized per language.

If someone has a better idea for now which might help avoid the "human error" factor (in case i forget to switch the skins), please share!

In any case this is far better than maintaining a completely separate "localized" project which duplicates several hundred files/components/etc.
0 Kudos