cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abby27
Level 4

SpawnWaitDialog not closing - Basic MSI Project

Hi,
I have a Basic MSI Project, a custom dialog(StatusDialog) whose job is just to display status messages, configured as Modal=True, Keep Modeless = False.

From one of my dialogs, when the user clicks on the 'Next' button, i show this 'StatusDialog' with a CASAUTHURLVALID<>0, using SpawnWaitdialog.
Then a CustomAction (CheckCASURL) is executed which changes the property to CASAUTHURLVALID=1

The problem: The SpawnWaitDialog shows the StatusDialog alright, but the installer freezes. I think that is because the CustomAction (CheckCASURL) that is setting the Property value CASAUTHURLVALID=1 is never being executed, and hence the StatusDialog never closes.

What am I doing wrong? Does anyone know how to close this StatusDialog?

I browsed through the forums here, many people seem to have had this same issue, but no solution posted so far.

Appreciate your responses. Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
abby27
Level 4

:confused: Pleeaase somebody, view this post and answer my query :confused:
0 Kudos
deecole
Level 4

Just for reference, given that the original post is kinda old...

The problem is with the ordering of the control events. The DoAction should come first, and it should invoke an asynchronous immediate custom action that sets the property referenced by SpawnWaitDialog. After the DoAction should appear the SpawnWaitDialog event.

David
0 Kudos