cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThePerfectWave
Level 5

Size of images placed in Dialogs

I am currently porting a small application from Windows Embedded Standard 2009 to Windows Embedded Standard 7.

In the Setup of this small application the top and left jpg of the Dialogs has been replace thru own JPGs. This has been done for each single Dialog. I know this wasn’t so smart. Using an own skin would be a smart solution.

When running the setup under WES 2009 and WES 7 RC1 the JPGs always filled the complete desired area. E.g. the top.jpg always covered the entire upper area from left to right. Now in WES7 RTM this is no more the case. E.g. the top.jpg starts on the left border but doesn’t reach the right border.

I tried several things to fix this ugly behavior.

I tried to assign the decimal value 64 ( standing for SS_REALSIZECONTROL) to the “other windows style”-property in the GUI-designer of the single setup- dialogs. This didn't work.

-------

Afterwards I created a own skin using the "skin customization kit". This worked fine for WES 2009 and WES7 RC1 but not for WES RTM.

With my own skin, also the same problem happens.

-------

I compared my setup with other setups. Unfortunately other setup of other applications are working fine even under WES 7 RTM.

So it is possible to have JPGs in the setup dialogs, which has the desired size even when running the setup under WES 7 RTM.

----

So how is it done?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

As a stab in the dark, are the default dialog images in a new project displayed in the correct size?

This ancient newsletter tip (PDF) lists image sources and sizes. Presumably your images are the same sizes. Do bitmaps (.bmp files) work any differently? Does saving your JPEG images with a different image editor make any difference?
0 Kudos