cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwhitwill
Level 3

Single EXE Icon

I have an InstallScript MSI project that uses a set of merge modules and files. In the past I had been creating (non-msi) InstallScript projects without any merge modules.

My first question is regarding the Single EXE Icon File property that appears in the Setup.exe tab of the releases view for an InstallScript project. I find that for an MSI Installscript project, this property is not present. Is there a way of branding the single exe with an icon when using the MSI Installscript project type?

I have found also that it was difficult to achieve the same results with the MSI Installscript project type as I had previously with the InstallScript project type. For example, I had to add the installscript manually for working with different installation types, specifying the installation path and including the license agreement. Is it worth selecting the MSI Installscript project type over the simple InstallScript project type for having additional power over the sequence of events while using a set of merge modules? Which project type do you prefer and which one is used most often?

Your time is greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Happy_Days
Level 7

I have never tried this with InstallShield but this can be done using any Resource Editor (for ex. VC++ 6.0). Just open the exe as resource and change the icon of your wish.
0 Kudos