cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterbi
Level 7

Simple (maybe not) InstallScript (no MSI) uninstall question

Hi,

I juste converted an old IS project to IS2009 InstallScript (no MSI).

Now I need to add a function at uninstall. The project uses shortcut to uninstall, Add/Remove panel buttons are hidden. The commandline for the uninstall shortcut is as following:

"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{PRODUCT_CODE_GUID}\setup.exe" -runfromtemp -l0x0009 -uninst -f
The uninstall only display a dialog with text "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features" - I think it's from InstallShield by default, let's call it uninstall dialog.

The only functions in setup.rul are OnSetUpdateMode() and OnShowUI(). Neither of them are proper for my function. The ideal position for the function is AFTER the uninstall dialog AND 'Yes' has been selected.

After reading some materials, I found OnUninistall() might be the choice, but once I added the (empty) function to setup.rul, the uninstall doesn't work because the empty function overwrite the default one.

Is there a way to have my function executed without adding OnUninstall() so I can keep the default OnUninstall()? If not, how can I get a default OnUninstall() with the default code? I just want my function to be appended to the existing (default) stuff.

Thanks,
Peter
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
peterbi
Level 7

Found solution.

I attach my function (exported type) to the main feature as OnUninstalled.

Thanks to anybody who pay attention to the thread.'
0 Kudos